Ms. Sherard is a native to Hampton Roads and is a graduate of Maury High School.
- Norfolk State University - B.A. in Political Science with a concentration in Pre-Law (Graduated with distinction Magna Cum Laude "with great praise" in 1999)
- William & Mary Law School - JD 2003
Law Career Bio
Ms. Sherard began her legal career serving the public as an assistant Public Defender for the City of Norfolk. Although she enjoyed defending adult and juvenile criminal and traffic cases, there developed a high demand for her to expand her legal expertise in the area of civil litigation. She then set up a private practice where she quickly excelled in representing client's in disputes involving but not limited to personal injury, premise liability, divorce, child custody/visitation, and support for spouses and children. Ms. Sherard also serves as an attorney for the protection of children rights as a Guardian ad litem.
Today Ms. Sherard continues a practice in providing legal services for both, civil and criminal cases.
Area(s) of practice
- Personal Injury and Premise Liability
- Felony and Misdemeanor Criminal Cases - Adult & Juvenile Offenses
- Family Law: Divorce, Custody, Visitation, Spousal & Child Support Disputes
- Traffic: DUI, Reckless Driving, Speeding, Eluding ...
- Contract Disputes
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Petition for Expungement and Pardon of Criminal Records
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Southampton Roads Bar Association